(Dried Prawn Sambal )
Food Prepared By : Mdm Layut J.
Photo Taken By : Babai
This delicious sambal paste was prepared by Babai's grandma (my future grandma-in-law :D). It was my first time trying it, and it tasted like heaven!!!
I've digged the recipe from Aunty Mary (Babai's mom), and this is roughly what I could remembered..
1. 500gm Dried Prawns
2. 15 red chillies (cleaned)
3. 1 large Onion
4. Thumb-size belachan
5. Half cup of water
6. 1 teaspoon fine Salt
7. 5 tablespoon cooking oil
1. Dried prawns to be soaked in warm water.
2. After rinsing, grind the dried prawns together with red chillies, onion, belachan, salt and water.
3. Heat oil in the wok and fry the mixture until fragrant and sambal drier (to personal preference).
4. Great to be eaten with white rice and accompanied by 'petai'.