Fried Eggplant and Sambal Belachan
Food Prepared By : Sumuk
Photo Taken By : Sumuk
This delicacy is suitable to be eaten at lunch with piping hot white rice. It is also very suitable to become finger food during bbq party. It's very simple and so easy to prepare!
Eggplant or Brinjal (quantity as required)
1 onion, slice thinly
Sambal Belacan Mixture
5-7 nos. of Cili Padi
1 scoop of Anchovies
Belachan - size of a thumb
Tamarind Juice - if preferred
1/2 teaspoon tamarind - (asam jawa)
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoon water
1. Eggplant to be cut about 0.5-1.0 cm thick. Deep fried until golden. Extra care to avoid charring.
2. While frying the eggplant, pound anchovies coarsely, followed by chillies and belachan.
3. When the eggplant is done, arrange it in a plate.
4. Take out the excess cooking oil, and saute the sliced onion until fragrant.
5. Then fry the mixed sambal belachan together.
6. At this point, when the belachan fragrance start to come out, you can opt to put the tamarind juice. Stir again until dry.
7. Scoop and make it as a topping for the eggplant.
eggplant = aubergine = brinjal