Stir Fried Tapioca (Cassava Leaf) with Belachan
This is another simple natives cooking, and yet very delicious. I had some left over tapioca leaves after the Pansoh cooking, so I put it in the fridge and fried it the next day for lunch.
1. Tapioca Leaves
(young ones, from the shoot to another 2-3 lower level leaves)
Tapioca leaves to be squeezed and twisted roughly.
2. Cooking base (shallot optional)
3. Salt to taste
5. 1/4 cup of water
6. Enough cooking oil to saute
1. Fry anchovies until slightly crispy. Put aside.
2. Saute garlic until fragrant. Put the anchovies back.
3. Fry and stir evenly the tapioca leaves.
4. Add-in some water.
5. Keep stirring until cooked.
Best eatan during lunch with simple plain rice, accompanied by fried salted fish!