Fish Soup with Yellow (Sour) Eggplant
Bidayuh: Sup Ikien duoh Tiyung Dayak
Food Prepared By : Aunt Mary G.
Photo Taken By : Sumuk
500 gm fresh fish
2 pcs of garlic - pound
2 stalks of lemongrass - pound
1-2 nos of yellow (sour) eggplant - cut and de-seed
1 tsp sugar
2 tbs cooking oil
bird's eye chillies (cili padi) - qty to personal taste
1 tbs fermented durian (tempoyak) or MSG
2 pcs dried assam (asam keping)
1. Saute garlic in oil on a cooking pot until fragrant.
2. Add water to pot.
3. Add the yellow eggplant and cover the pot loosely. Boil until the eggplant soften and the skin almost detached by itself.
4. Add in dried assam if preferred.
5. Add in the fish, lemongrass and chillies. Salt to taste.
6. Add fermented durian or MSG for additional flavor.
And it's done!