|Sambal Serai Bidayuh|
This dish is typical to the Bidayuh ethnic. Lemongrass are easily available as it is kind of a must herb to be planted at the house compound. Since lemongrass is pretty fibrous, it is cut finely before being pounded further. This dish is very aromatic and nice to be eaten with hot plain rice.
6 lemongrass stalk
small handful of anchovies
3 cloves Garlic
3 nos Shallot
Chillies - quantity depended on your spice tolerance level
Thumbsize belacan (shrimp paste)
1. Cut lemongrass finely and pound using pestle and mortar
2. Pound anchovies
3. Pound garlic, shallot, chillies and belacan together
4. Heat up cooking oil. Stir fried the anchovies until crispy.
5. Add in garlic, shallot, chillies and belacan mixture. Saute until fragrant.
6. Add in lemongrass. Add salt to taste. Stir frequently and let it cook until golden.
7. Serve immediately. Can be keep well