Here is a Bidayuh style of cooking tapioca leaves with tempoyak. Very delicious and special.
1. Tapioca young shoot
2. Pork meat or dry-fried pork fat (lanyih in Iban language)
3. Fermented durian
5. Turmeric's leaf and pinky-finger size turmeric's root
6. Shallot and onion
7. Salt and MSG
9. A bit of cooking oil for saute
1. Squeeze tapioca shoot roughly.
2. Saute shallot and garlic until fragrant.
3. Add tapioca shoot. Stir briefly.
4. Add pork meat or dried pork bit. Preferably cook the pork meat first before tapioca leaf if use raw meat.
5. Add water.
6. When water bubling, add fermented durian, lemongrass and turmeric leaf and root.
7. Add salt and MSG to taste.
8. Serve while hot.