Sarawak Pineapple Salad with Sambal Belachan
This is a Bidayuh style fresh salad. This kind of pineapple preparation might need an acquired taste, but this food can become an addiction.
Preparation are pretty simple;
1. 1 Sarawak Pineapple - yet to ripen
2. Sambal Belacan
3. A pinch of salt
4. A splash of black soy sauce if you like
1. Sarawak pineapple can be replace with other pineapple if it is unavailable. It's the most recommended because the sweetness and sourness is quite balance.
2. Peel of the pineapple. Cut into small pieces (sizes up to personal preference).
3. Prepare sambal belachan. You can find the recipe here.
4. Mix all ingredient above evenly.
5. Mix a bit of water only if the pineapple could not produce the juice naturally.
This can be eaten by itself or with rice during lunch or dinner. This labar is preferably eaten at one seating.